NVIDIA has released a set of BETA drivers supporting GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs for Windows Vista and Windows 7 in 32 and 64 Bit flavors.
This is the first beta release from the Release 290 family of drivers. You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.
This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs.
New in R290 Drivers
NVIDIA Ambient Occlusion
- Updates PhysX System Software to version 9.11.11.07 for the best PhysX experience in Batman: Arkham City.
- Enables NVIDIA Surround support for Intel X79 SLI-certified motherboards.
- Added or updated SLI profiles for Crysis 2, Heroes and Generals, Inversion, Stronghold 3, and Syndicate.
- Adds support for 3D Vision over native DisplayPort 1.1 connection - available on BenQ XL2420T and BenQ XL2420TX monitors.
- Added or updated the following 3D Vision game profiles:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – rated Good
- Cang Sheng (??) – rated Good
- Diablo 3 – rated Good
- Fei fei (??) – rated Good
- Final Combat (???) – rated Good
- L.A. Noire – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 – rated Fair
- Qian Nv You Hun Online (????Online) – rated Good
- QQ Xi You (QQ??) – rated Good
- Sonic Generations – rated Good
- Xian Tu (??) – rated Good
- Yong Bing Tian Xia Online (???? Online) – rated Good
- Updates HD Audio driver to version 184.108.40.206.
Some Key Bug Fixes
- Fixes random flickering as Windows boot logo is loading or fading away.
- Fixes corruption in Crysis 2 with SLI and lower quality shadow settings.
- Fixes ability to set Surround resolutions to 5760x1080 using custom resolutions.
- Fixes some random instances of triangular artifacts when playing Battlefield 3.
- Fixes corruption seen in Settlers 7 with 275.33 drivers.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL.